Friday, October 29, 2010

A Better Way To Go

Good Morning Everyone

Today we are launching a new ministry of Friday devotionals on this blog. Our vision is to provide something every Friday that is relevant to God's Word while embrassing the practicality of life. Our goal is to expand the ministry of God's Word to as many platforms as we possibly can; we are that passionate about it. Up until now, there have been primarily only two writers to the blog. Over the next several weeks you will be seeing new authors with a diversity of perspectives but one tremendous love for God. We hope that what you read will be a blessing to you. Without further adieu let me introduce our pick for today "A Better Way to Go" by Susan Hassan. Be blessed!


The fall is one of my favorite seasons. I love the cool crisp air, the changing leaves, and even the crunch of fallen leaves under my feet. I so enjoy it that I will even drive in to work on back roads despite it taking longer, just so I can surround myself with that beautiful fall foliage. The magnificence of the brilliant landscape reflects a magnificent God. Who but God would create a tree that turns bright red, golden yellow or deep crimson? It is the last hurrah before the cold winter sets in and I purpose to enjoy it while I can.

The odd thing is that I have always driven on those same back roads on my way home from work not just on my way in. Why didn’t I notice those same breathtaking colors? The same beauty that has captured my attention to the point of changing my direction during my morning drive is still there. I just don’t see it. Could it be that those daily routines that fill our day can obscure our vision that much?

I think we can all find countless miracles that God’s provides for us each and every day if we just expand our field of vision. Maybe we should take a break from focusing all our attention on just going from point A to B while missing the entire road trip along the way.

Be encouraged. God never changes; His daily provision is always there. Sometimes we just fail to see it.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17

1 comment:

  1. I always stand in awe of God's beauty. The mountains when I travel up state the way they are position only God could create them. The waterfalls are so beautiful in color as the sun beams down on them. Some resemble bridal veil oh the beauty of God's creation. Bless the Lord, o my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great,thou are clothed with honour and majesty. Psalm 104:1

    ReplyDelete