Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bible Memorization Project 2013 - Week 4

By Linda G.

We are already into week 4 of this year’s Bible Memorization Project. If you haven’t noticed it yet, Bible memorization can be a battle. So many things try to crowd into our minds and vie for our attention, both mentally and physically. There is always (and will always be!!) something. By default, I think we choose the path of least resistance which is usually not meditating on God’s Word. My guess is that there is nothing Satan likes more.  This past week I saw this very clearly. My mind was circling around a situation, bringing frustration and unrest. I decided to pick up my note cards and work on God’s Word. And you know what? A little while later I realized I wasn’t thinking about that situation anymore.  By meditating on God’s Word my mind did not have room for the other stuff.  Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7).  Keep at it ladies!!

What are you working on this week?  I’ll start you off with mine:  A psalm of praise. Of David. I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name forever and ever” (Psalm 145:1-2).

2 comments:

  1. "Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For who-ever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." Matt 16:24-25

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgements endureth for ever"
    psalm 119:160

    ReplyDelete