Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bible Memorization Project - Week Two

Welcome to Bible Memorization Project week two.

My head is still spinning at the amazing response that we are seeing as a result of this project. At least two thirds of you have embarked on this journey and several more have enlisted even today. The results have been wonderful to see. You guys are a thrill a minute and I am beyond blessed to be partnering with you in this. All I can say is “YOU ROCK”. Your enthusiasm for God and His Word is contagious and it was exciting to see you share you verses and memorization tips with each other.

Here are a few of them:
1) If you aren’t sure if you could handle memorizing a verse at first, why not take one that you sort of know and work on it until you can nail it.
2) Or maybe you know the verse but not the reference.
3) One of our sisters draws pictures to help her remember hers
4) Two of our women are going to sing theirs to us.
5) One finds it is best if she writes it down every day.

If you have any tips that you think might help, leave them in a comment below. (Instructions for doing that can be found on the side panel of the blog)

Now if you haven’t joined us yet, you still can. You only need to finish all 9 or 10 verses by May 17th which is the verse rally day. That is the day where you will need to recite them to a Bible Memorization leader to qualify for the luncheon. Please don’t be anxious about this part, these women will be very gracious in their listening. (Further details read Bible Memorization Project)

Once again, thank you for responding to this initiative. You are an extraordinary bunch of women and I thank God for you.

Ok so here is my verse;

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor.” Proverbs 4:7-9

Ok now it is your turn to leave yours as a comment!

9 comments:

  1. And this is my prayer, that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God. Phil 1:9-11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that memorizing verses is contagious. I have a very hard time memorizing them, but since I've written them on index cards and driven my family nuts repeating them, I need to add another one to my "collection." Since discipleship night was cancelled tonight I'll have to pick a new one (our class gets a new one each week). Which one to pick, as there are so many that would be helpful to know...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen; You should check out Debbies on facebook if I remember correctly it is a prayer one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy that first week went fast were did it good. All the idea's that were given to memorize sure do help. I love the different color index cards. So the first week it was 3John 1:2 Beloved,I pray that in all respects,you may prosper, and be in good health, just as your soul prosper's. Now for this week. Proverbs 15:29 The Lord is far away from the wicked, but He hears the prayers of the righteous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arlene - I have been convicted to memorize scriptures after practicing for Pee Bible Quiz with my 6 year old son (it's amazing how much about the Bible he already knows) as well as Pastor Ken's message on "Remember the Word" and yesterday's message on memorizing and meditating on the Word. I have been memorizing three scriptures over the past few weeks and have also encouraged the MOPS ladies to join in (I know some of them attend your Bible Study too). The three scriptures I have been memorizing are Romans 8:28 (And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.), Phil 4:6-7 (Do not be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.) and 1 Cor. 10:13 (No temptation has overtaken you, except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Eva, I will add you name to our list of women who are participating in the project. We also do a role call of scriptures on facebook on tuesdays. It is really cool to see everyone list theirs. Thanks for including the MOPS women. What a great way to build unity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pl count me in. This is a form of accountability for me I guess as I want to be a doer of the word & not a hearer only in ref to Pastor Ken's message on bible memorization.
    I've was working on
    ps 28:7
    The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

    My current one is Gen 21: 6
    Sarah said "God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are counted in Regina. Glad you jumped on board.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me. John 10:27

    ReplyDelete