Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bible Memorization Project - The Sequel - Verse Three

Hello Everyone;

Do you know what today is? It is time for the third installment in our verse memorization project. I find myself wondering how you’re doing. In fact, I compulsively want to know. Here’s why.

If I was to offer you a guaranteed 100 fold return on an investment, what would you do? If you are like me, you might be somewhat apprehensive but very curious. You would consider hearing more but not actually jump in with both feet. You might even think that it is too good to be true. Why is that? Probably because in the past we have, on more then one account, put our faith in something that didn’t deliver on its promises. While many offers in life are just that, too good to be true, there is one I am convinced is a slam dunk. How do I know this? Because it came from the very mouth of Jesus. Who by the way does not lie!

Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.”                                                   Luke 8:8

Did I pique your curiosity? Are you finding yourself wanting this seed? Are you getting ready to bolt to the nearest gardening store seeking to find some “Jesus seed”? Are you wondering what kind of seed Jesus was talking about?

The seed is the word of God”               Luke 8:11

Now that we know what the seed is, one might be wondering but how do we sow it.

But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.”
                                                         Luke 8:15

There is the recipe for your 100 fold blessing, you hear it and retain it (memorize it), water it with a little perseverance and Jesus guarantees a 100 times what you have sown. Anyone but me would like some of that?

Ladies, I can testify that this is indeed a promise that Jesus will keep. Several years ago I took to memorizing scripture as a spiritual discipline and I can say, with all certainty, that it has dramatically changed my life. My spiritual life has definitely catapulted to new levels because of it. As I committed to not only hearing and understanding the word but memorizing and never, ever, did I say never, giving up, I have seen Him meet me in extraordinary ways not only on the pages of scripture but on the hot pavement of life as well.

I am incredibly thrilled to see that you are willing to take Jesus up on His promise. Don’t give up! It will change you life. Of this I am certain.

So its time to leave your verses. Once again I will start with mine. Thank you so much for joining me in this project. You are such a joy to do this with.

Love you much!

If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.”
             1 Corinthians 13:3 (MESSAGE)

4 comments:

  1. One thing I have desired of the Lord, that I will seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His Temple. Psalm 27:4 (NKJV)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ‎" I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith." Phil 3:9

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2nd verse. Romans 8:35
    Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

    3rd verse Romans 8:37
    No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

    ReplyDelete