Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bible Memorization Project - The Sequel - Verse Four

Hello my darling memorization buddies;

Just thrilled that we have made it to our fourth verse together.  I can't tell you how curious I am with how you are doing.  If you are still tracking with us, I know that God is richly blessing you as you commit His Word into your heart.  If you have fallen behind, no worries, just pick right back up where you left and I am sure that God will help you complete the goal. 

In case,you have been getting frustrated with finding time to work on Bible Memorization , I thought I would pass on some of the ways that I work this discipline into a somewhat overloaded and at times frantic schedule.

Opportunities to memorize verses.
- as you wash dishes
- fold laundry
- wait on lines (this works well at the DMV)
- vacuuming (2 cats plus one dog = a great deal of time spent on this mindless task)

As I thought about this, I wondered is there any time that it would be inappropriate to be memorizing verses.  Are there certain types of situations where it would be clearly wrong to be focused on memorization rather then the task at hand. 

Situations where it would be inappropriate to memorize verses.
- the internet tells me that air traffic controllers have the number one job that demands the most amount of concentration.  It seem that it takes a great deal of focus to keep track of several planes that are ready to land at the same time.  I for one, especially if I am in one of those planes, would prefer for them to direct their full attention to what they are doing. 
- I also have learned that when taking Tai Kwon Do belt tests, that it takes extreme concentration to break a board with you bare hands.  So I guess that would be ok.
- I generally like to watch crime scene types of shows, and I always notice that when they are diffusing bombs, that it demands all of their focused attention.  They also usually sweat alot.  I am thinking that if you are called to diffuse a bomb, that would be a good excuse for you to skip memorization for a bit.
- Then of course, if you are called to perform emergency microsurgery that would probably be a good reason to redirect your focus as well.

So other then these four instances, I think that we are good to go.  You know I am just kidding you guys.  Obviously there are many more times that it would be inappropriate to be memorizing your scriptures, but the point is to try to think of ways that you can fit this much needed yet abundantly fruitful discipline into your life.  I think if you were to give it some thought, you would probably come up with many more opportunites then you thought you had. 

So it is that time.  Leave your verse in the comment below and I will start with mine.
"Love never gives up.  Love cares more for others than for self.  Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.  Love doesn't strut.  Doesn't have a swelled head."  1 Corinthians 13:4 MESSAGE

Love you guys.  It is such a joy co-memorizing with you in this project.


 

5 comments:

  1. Lol. Loved the motivation blog :)
    ok ... Here's # 4
    Romans 8: 38,39
    For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities,nor things present, nor things to come, 39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a jokster you are. Seriuosly after a long day with the 2 little ones and being pregnant, this lightened my spirit. Thanks for that:-)
    My verse is Ephesians 6:23 "Peace be with you and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ"

    I need peace and faith daily. This verse touched me as I opened my bible to read the armor of God. I just finished a book "Run to The Battle with Jesus" Awesome and it reminded me of the daily battles for our spirit. This verse reminds me that I can have peace by fighting the battle with faith and overcoming. Amen.
    Kathryn Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  3. ‎"Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:3-4

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2Corintians5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Luke 6:38 (NIV)

    ReplyDelete