Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bible Memorization Project - Week Four

Hello everyone! Can you believe it? We are on our fourth memory verse already. How are you doing with your scriptures? I was thrilled to see in Women’s Bible Study that so many of you are right on track and more then a few of you are ahead of our schedule. You inspire me. I can’t tell you how proud I am of you all.

Thought I would take a moment to share some thoughts on a verse I came across the other day.

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads…..so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land that the LORD swore to give your forefathers…” Deuteronomy 11:18&21

Look at the definition for the word “fix” from my Hebrew dictionary; “to set, put, establish, plant, set down, make, appoint. Essentially means to put something somewhere.” (Key Word Study Bible) I love the last part of that definition, “to essentially put something somewhere.” Do you think you could apply that definition to memorization? Would you say that essentially you are putting scripture somewhere and that somewhere is your brain? I just love that!

What really thrills me is the promise attached to the “fixin”. This verse tells us that if you do and you obey these words, “your days and the days of your children may be many in the land that the LORD swore to give your forefathers.” In Old Testament scripture, land represented the place of God’s full provision and blessing. Just as with the ancient Hebrews obedience brought them a fullness of provision and blessing we too live in that same spiritual state as we fix God’s words in our minds and walk in obedience to those words.

I hope that that excites you to see how much God is for you as you fix His word in your heart and mind. He is well pleased with you.

Well ok here is your opportunity to submit verse number four. I will lead out with mine.

“I will betroth you to me forever, I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD.” Hosea 2:19-20

Leave your verses as a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. 2 Cor. 10:4-5 (AMP)
    For the weapons of our warfare are not physical but are mighty before God. We refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the true knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ephesians 6 : 16
    Take up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish the flaming arrows of the evil one.

    ReplyDelete