Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bible Memorization Project - Week Eight

Good Morning!  Good Morning!  Good Morning!

How is everyone doing today?  Well the last few days were a whirlwind spiritually as a family.  On Saturday we attended the play at Monmouth Worship Center and boy did that bless my heart.  Kudos to all who poured out an overwhelming amount of time and energy participating in that production with the sole purpose that others might know the reason for the hope that we have as lovers of Jesus.  I am told that there were somewhere around 40 commitments to Christ that day.  Glory to His Name!  If you haven't seen "My Story" there is still one more performance this Friday.  Why not bring a friend?

Yesterday, I was neck deep in matzah all day.  From matzah stuffing to matzah kugel to matzah apricot squares to matzah ball soup.  Still not tired of the stuff because I just have an affinity to it.  I will take a plain piece, smear it with a little butter and I am in heaven.  Our Seder was a success as we plowed through the Haggadah (the telling) learning how intimately Christ is displayed in the passover supper.  Since passover is meant to be a joyful celebration, there was much laughter and love.  We celebrated the love of God and all that He has accomplished in our lives through the death of Jesus. Just as God rescued His people from the clutches of Pharoah and brought them into the land promised for them, He has indeed accomplished that same deliverance spiritually in Christ.   "He rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves". (Colossians 1:13) Hallelujah!

Ok so the main point of our post.  You guessed it, it is that time again.  We are now up to our eighth verse and I just know you guys are tracking with me.  I am really glad that you commited to taking this journey to go deeper with Him.  Nothing has dramatically catapulted my spiritual life quite like Bible memorization.  Something about memorizing and meditating on God's word that just changes my perspective on life.  It is often only after I have been working on difficult passages that the Holy Spirit will suddenly bring illumination and revelation.  Often this deeper meaning from my meditation and memorization will usher me into the wonder and briliance of God that leaves me breathless.  There isn't anything like it and it draws me to want to do it more and more.  For me, this is a Holy habit and not one I will quickly give up.  The benefit/rewards are to extreme for me and I know that if you keep at it, you will agree. 

So let me kick it off with my next verse and as usual you follow through in the comments with yours.  I am continuing on a passage I started with week seven.

"who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."   2 Corinthians 1:4

Have a blessed day!!  Shalom!

2 comments:

  1. 2 Corinthians 4:8 ( NIV)
    We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair;

    Truly a well of living water!
    Thank you and blessings to all!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:23-24 NLT

    ReplyDelete