Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Call to Get Involved With This Years Easter Drama

The Greatest Book
by Jan S.

A conversation heard in the Monmouth Worship Center Lounge: Was it you we heard?

#1: The Easter Drama must be in rehearsal today – I hear voices and singing.

#2: When is the drama?

#1: In April, the 16th, 17th, 22nd; I know there will be info in the bulletin.

#2: Our family went last year; it was good, but we’re so busy around Easter. We may have to skip it this year.

#1: I hear it’s quite different this year. It’s being told from Jesus’ point of view. He tells His story. It’s still biblically based, but we get a more vivid description of His thoughts and feelings.

#2: That does help you to see Jesus in a new way. I never thought of Him telling us about these events in His life. Where is it performed?

#1: All three performances are at the new Monmouth Worship Center church. It will give us a chance to see how it looks on a larger stage. New scenery is being added and, of course, the choir will be sharing new and old favorite songs.

#2: I’m just thinking about the opportunities this gives us to reach our new neighbors. The drama is such a great way to tell others about Christ, and I like to see the children in the performance – what a wonderful way to learn about Jesus and His times!

#1: Come see the new costumes I helped create this year. It was so much fun sewing elegant robes and colorful head dresses.

#2: You talked me into coming. How can I stay away when so much good theater is so close and so worthwhile! Do they need any more help?

#1: You bet. Call Meghan McCarthy , Steve Krogh , Jan Scheerer they will get you started. Welcome to the drama family!

No comments:

Post a Comment