Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bible Memorization Project - Week Seven

Hello my blogging buddies! 

Can you believe it?  Here we are paused on the brink of our seventh verse which would make us almost 70% done.  If you have made it thus far take a moment to stop and give yourself a spiritual pat on the back.  If you never memorized scripture before now maybe a round of applause would be more appropriate.  We are so proud of you and we want to encourage you to keep at it.  You are almost there. 

This week someone mentioned in class that they were having trouble keeping all the verses that they had memorized in the past fresh.  I thought I should broach the topic here for anyone who is struggling with that same kind of thing.  I would suggest, and it is what I do, is to recite all your prior verses each day before you set out to work on your current verse.  For instance, before I would work on my seventh verse, I would rehearse verse one through six.  Then I would proceed onto my new verse.  If you make this your practice I can tell you that it will become a breeze in no time.  Make it part of your morning routine and very soon it will become to you a holy habit. 

Ok so this is the part of the post where I lead out with my verse and you all follow through in the comments with yours. 

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort."  2 Corinthians 1:3

2 comments:

  1. Galatians 3:3 (NLT)

    How foolish can you be? After starting you Christians lives in the spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 8 verses 8/9 (NIV)
    2 Corinthians 4:8,9
    We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed;
    Perplexed, but not in despair, persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

    These verses speak to my current situation...
    Praise The Lord for his word!

    ReplyDelete