Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"No Other Gods" Wrap Up

Good Morning my fellow former idol worshippers. Well not exactly….

 Yesterday was our last meeting as we wrapped up our summer study of “No Other God’s”. I was blessed at how many of you faced the torrential rain soak and braved the elements to finish up our time together. I have said it before “you ladies are serious about your Bible Study”!

I think that we were all in agreement on one point. We were sorry to see it end. Many of you told me that you were going to miss not only the fellowship but working on your homework. I was delighted to see all the completed workbooks lifted in the air when I asked you to show me. That my friend is why I do this. Nothing thrills me more then to see women working through the word of God on there own. Just them and God going all the way to the end. My heart is just pounding with delight right now and I sense the heavenly nod and approval of God. He is so pleased with you.

What I didn’t mention yesterday and I would ask it here; do you feel like you have created a Holy habit? Do you find yourself missing having your homework waiting for you? Did you know it takes eight weeks to form a habit? Did you notice our study was eight weeks? If you feel that this has become a habit for you then don’t stop!!! Don’t let it die away. One of the things that has significantly effected my spiritual life is doing a daily Bible Study. My morning routine goes like this…Read my bible, pray, bible study, and lastly memory memorization (yes I am still doing that. Do I hear Holy Habit?). When I finish one Bible Study, I find me another. Some effect and teach me more, some less, but I still make it a habit. If you would like to do more get in touch with me and I can offer some recommendations or pray and ask God to lead you. He will most assuredly answer that prayer.

Ok so why are we not exactly “former idol worshippers”? I think the one thing that I gleaned, and many of you have also, is that this whole idol worship thing is something that will be a life long awareness. We were created to worship, and since we were created to worship, we will worship something and sometimes, if we aren’t careful, we will turn that worship towards a thing that is more readily tangible rather then God. I am certain that you will be challenged and tested with this concept in the future. Hold onto it and don’t let the enemy steal the seed that has been planted in you these last several weeks. Keep pressing on towards God and let’s make Him our ultimate thing!

I love you and I am praying for you as we prepare for what the Lord has planned for us in the Fall. Our first meeting will be September 13th when we will have our opening day. We will be studying Psalm 84, a wonderful psalm that speaks of pilgrimage and gives us a clearer picture of our journey with God. The title of the message is “Pressing the Re-set button”.

“May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace” Num 6:24-26

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment