Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bible Memorization Project - The Sequel - Verse Two

Hello Everyone;

As the post title suggests, it’s that time again.  Today is the day we post our second verse that we are committing to memory for the Bible memorization project.  Do you have yours yet?

This past week I came across a scripture in my reading that caused me to sit and think on a bit. 

The sum of your word is truth; and every one of your righteous ordinances endure forever                                               Psalm 119:60

What the Psalmist is saying is not only is God’s Word true as a whole but it is also true individually.  That each singular verse that we read has a wealth of truth all to itself.  For some reason that grabbed me.  As we commit to memorizing scripture take time to meditate on the truth of what it says.  Let the beauty of the Word overwhelm you until it meshes with your belief system. 

As you memorize I want to encourage you to dialogue with the Lord about your verse and ask Him to give you revelatory understanding.  The kind that sticks with you for a lifetime and stays with you far beyond the scope of this project.   That ladies is a prayer that God will most definitely answer.  

Ok it is time for us to list our verses.  If you are new to the blog or to this group and missed the start date, jump on in.  You can still participate.  The more the merrier.  I will start us off.

“If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing.”                        1 Corinthians 13:2

Love doing this with you guys!  

It’s time for you to leave your verses in the comments.  Let’s do it!

14 comments:

  1. Anger is a sin when it is accompanied by bitterness, blame, and unforgiveness. "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger"
    ~ ephesians 4:31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this verse.
      Kathryn Rivera

      Delete
    2. Hey Maryann; so glad your joining us for the project! I will be using this verse in a few weeks in my teaching. Thanks. Miss you much.

      Delete
  2. Romans 8:35
    Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO ONE! Thanks Evelyn. Miss you loads. So glad we have this reply feature now. Much love to you my sister.

      Delete
  3. Week 1:
    Malachi 3:6
    I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.

    Week 2:
    Psalm 4:4
    Don't sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent.

    -Danielle Lucente

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true... We sometimes let out tongue get us trouble in the moment but after a nights sleep we cool off and talk w compassion instead of anger.
      Kathryn Rivera

      Delete
  4. Week 2: God Surpasses All
    Malachi 1:11 "My name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to my name, because my name will be greatamong the nations," says the Lord Almighty.

    Kathryn Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the verses everyone...keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy. For you bless the godly. O LORD, you surround them with your shield of love." Psalm 5:11-12

    ReplyDelete
  7. First verse was Romans 12:1 and now it is Romans 12:2 - "Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my all time favorite scriptures. It has helped me to keep my head when everything around me seems to be winging out of control. :-)

      Delete
  8. Phillipians 4:13

    I can do ALL things through CHRIST who strengthens me.

    Danielle Lucente

    ReplyDelete