Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bible Memorization Project - The Sequel - Week One

On your mark, get set, go! 

Today we launch the start of our twenty week journey in memorizing God’s Word together.  We are calling this the Bible Memorization Project – The Sequel.  I can’t wait to get started and from the enthusiasm I witnessed in women’s Bible study today, I suspect that you are just as ready as I am.

If you are new to the blog and don’t know what this is all about, you can read about it here. 

As I was preparing to write this post and to get started with my new list of ten scriptures, I thought I would revisit my first verse from last year. 

Forget about what has happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. Isaiah 43:18-19 Message

I am tickled, because God, indeed, has fulfilled the substance of this verse over this past year.  As I allowed the truth of what is contained in this scripture to permeate my mind and heart (forgetting) and looking for what God was doing in my life presently (being alert), I could actually see the path that He had laid for me.  It was been pure refreshment and He has been undeniably faithful. 

Since today marks day one of week one of the project, it is time to start posting our scriptures.  Let’s see those verses ladies!  I will put mine here and you can leave yours in the comment below.

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.”  1 Corinthians 13:1 (Message)

Thanks so much for joining me in this project.  There is nothing I love more then studying God’s word with you.  I am blessed!

5 comments:

  1. "Watch what God does, then do it, like children learning proper behavior from their parents. What God mostly does is love us. Keep company with Him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He did not love in order to get something from us but to give everything of Himself to us. Love like that." Eph. 5:1-2 (The Message)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie D
    Proverbs 19:11 A man's discretion makes him slow to anger, And it is his glory to overlook a transgression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Therefore, I urge you brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice - holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1 (NIV)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremiah 17:14
    Heal me, oh Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

    9 members of my family are on board. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isaiah 26:3
    You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you.

    ReplyDelete