Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bible Memorization Project - The Sequel - Verse Six

Hello Everyone!!  Happy Spring!!  How are my memory masters doing this beautiful spring day?

I find myself wondering how you folks are doing now that we have passed the half way point in our project.  If you are still tracking, I know that the Lord is blessing you and meeting you where you are.  Today in Bible Study Eva shared a testimony and word of encouragement that I thought I would pass on to you.  It brought us that needed boost to propel us into the second half of our project.  Enjoy!! 

Remember not to forget to post your verse in the comment section below.  We love doing this with you!  Your enthusiasm blesses us!

Blessings!

Do not be discouraged (by Eva Jester)


Some of you that are participating in the bible memorization project (the sequel) may be asking yourself right now as we approach verse 6, what did I get myself in to!

Let me encourage you! God has been challenging me and convicting me for a long time to memorize scripture but until this project, I had never memorized scripture like this. I will say that I am thoroughly enjoying it and God has given me the ability to memorize these scriptures fairly easily which came as a total shock to me.

However I should not have been shocked at the information that our brains are capable of storing for long periods of time. As some of you know, my son Nathaniel is 7 years old. He participates in what is called Pee Wee Bible Quiz which challenges the children to learn over 140 bible questions during a season and they have three meets where they compete against other children from other churches around NJ.

A friend had asked me, aren't you concerned about the competition among the children? My reply was that the best thing about this program is the children are learning to memorize bible facts & can even quote some scripture. You should see how quickly these children can answer all of these questions & in many cases they have memorized both the whole question & answer.  When I compare the stack of their 140 cards against my ten I become convinced that I could finish this project.

The most important thing is you are hiding God's Word in your heart, like my son & the other children. They come with so much excitement to learn God's Word & so should we.

We can do this.. I know we can!!!

3 comments:

  1. Verse 6 Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
    whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

    Still in board... Just loving God's word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Doesn't revel when others grovel. Takes pleasure in the flowering of the truth." 1 Corinthians 13:6

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This letter is from James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.I am writing to the “twelve tribes”—Jewish believers scattered abroad. Greetings!Dear brothers and sisters,when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy." James 1:1-2

    ReplyDelete