Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bible Memorization Project - The Sequel: Verse 10


I admit to being a little sad as I write this post.  Today we begin memorizing our tenth verse in the ‘Bible Memorization Project ~ The Sequel’.  So why am I sad?  It is a blessing and a joy to undertake a challenge with a group of sisters, knowing that we all have the same goal in mind.  It goes beyond just being accountable to each other as we commit God’s Word to memory.  I think we learn more about each other as we read the verses posted on the blog and on Facebook that speak to each of our own hearts.  I will miss it. 

The good news is that we do have one more verse.  Even if you haven’t memorized a single verse, I challenge you – just do this one! What do you have to loose? In all my days I don’t think I have ever heard anyone express regret over memorizing scripture!

It says in Hebrew’s 4:12 “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart”.  I want His living Word in me! I know you do too!

For those of you who have completed the challenge of ten verses or more, Arlene and I are ready to hear you recite them.  You have two weeks to do this.  We will be available on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings and on Tuesdays, of course.  The last day to recite will be Tuesday, May 29th.  The Bible Memorization Brunch will be the following Tuesday, June 5th. (For the mother’s, there will be childcare.)

You guys are awesome!! Let’s hear those verses!!

2 comments:

  1. My 10th verse.
    Ephesians 3:20
    Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us

    I'd like to share that this project has allowed my family and myself to grow in the Lord. Thank you and may God continue the work begun in all of us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phillipians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God.


    Kathryn Rivera

    ReplyDelete