Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Summer 2012 Bible Study

So now what?  Perhaps you have been asking yourself that question as you sense the inevitable winding down of the calendar for this years Women’s Bible Study.  Maybe you have grown accustomed to gathering together around God’s Word each week and are starting to ask the question “What is life this summer going to be like without my peeps?” 

Rest assured, your Bible study leader feels the same way.  I have been spoiled rotten by the exhilaration, love and devotion that you women bring to each other every week and realize that fasting from that kind of fellowship over a summer interlude is going to be the kind of fast that won’t be pretty.  I need that weekly dose of energy and excitement in the Lord that we bring to each other just the same as you do.

Last year about this time, I confess I was feeling the same way.  I thought that maybe I could find a handful of women who were sensing the need to keep the momentum going also.  I pitched out a Bible study that would be purely homework driven in the hopes that I might be able to find a small group who would enjoy that kind of thing with me.  I was believing God for about five to ten women.  Nothing could have prepared me for what God had going on.  We sold forty books to that study with twenty-five women turning out with each group discussion.  God definitely had something up His sleeve last year and we were excited to be a part of it. 

So guess what?  This year, I am anticipating an encore work of what transpired last summer.  We have selected another purely homework driven Bible study to do together as a group again this year.  Are you feeling interested? The study is called Duty or Delight – Knowing where you stand with God  by Tammie Head.  Read this description written on the back cover or watch this promo .

“Is your relationship to God more like a duty or a delight?  God didn’t save you keep Him happy.  God saved you to be your absolute delight.  Join Tammie Head on the six stops along the way to free yourself from spiritual insecurities and ignite your faith.  Christ means more than keeping all the boxes checked.  You can stop living in guilt, confusion, and duty.  You can delight in the God who delights in you.”

Anyone feeling the need to trade in the crushing sense of duty that seems to permeate our lives as women for the extraordinary delight that we can have in our relationship with God?  Anyone game for a spiritual breath of fresh air?  I am!  For some of us, this study will bring a solid reminder of the foundation of our beliefs and for others it will be the tearing down of old worldly foundations and replacing them with the truth that is found in God’s Word.  When I first completed this study, I confess it was a bit of both for me.  Either way, there is something for everyone. 

If you are confused about the particulars of how this study will work let me explain. 

Our study consists of a workbook with six weeks worth of homework.  We will complete two weeks of homework then meet together.  Then we will complete another two weeks of homework and then meet and so on.  When we do meet there will be no teaching.  We will gather together and fellowship around the Word by journeying through the homework together.  We will also be enjoying some kind of early morning menu item. 

You can order the workbook for a cost of $10 until May 29th.  

The homework and meeting schedule will run as follow:

June 26th – start week one homework
July 3rd – start week two homework
July 10th – meet at church to go over weeks one and two
           - start week three homework
July 17th - start week four homework
July 24th – meet at church to go over weeks three and four
             - start week five homework
July 31st – start week six homework
August 7th – meet at church to go over five and six
            
Now the beauty of this schedule is if you miss a meeting you can still come to the next one since you will be doing all the work at home.  When we meet, we will be discussing what God has taught us personally through our one on one time with Him while completing the homework. 

If the calendar seems confusing, there is no need to worry because we will be posting on the blog and on facebook what week we will be working on every Tuesday so no one will get lost. 

How I hope you join us the summer as we embark on this season of study with God.  I just know He has something intentionally planned for us and I don’t want to miss it.  How about you?

Loved, loved, loved doing Bible Study with you this year! 

Childcare is available and we will continue to meet at 9:30 am.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in, order me a book, please!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it....Please order me a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited order me a book please, and thank you.

    ReplyDelete