Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bible Memorization Project Testimony

Hello Everyone;

"I will extol You, my God, O King.  And I will bless Your Name forever and ever."  Psalm 145:1

How are you all doing today?  Wasn't yesterday the best at the church dedication?  I woke up praising Him for all He has done and what He will continue to do that we don't even know about (you know the unimaginable part).   I have to confess that I was never so proud of our Pastor, His wife and our church.  I think we represented Jesus well to the community.  I am always humbled at the way He entrusts His reputation to us.  Amen?

Someone this past week sent me a testimony that she wanted to share pertaining to the scriptures that she committed to memory for the Bible Memorization Project..  I thought I would pass it along here.  A special thank you for all of you who participated.  You bring me such encouragement.  Be blessed!

I woke up and snuck a peak at the clock. 12:32 a.m. I had gone to bed feeling fine just a little while earlier, but now I felt completely nauseated. “No, God,” I thought. “I can’t be sick now.” Just the thought of getting sick can make me sick. Plus, I was meeting someone for business that day, and our meeting had already been postponed from earlier in the week. Immediately my mind went to the memory verses I had been practicing.



“Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to You I pray. In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice, in the morning, I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation.” (Psalm 5:2,3). Then, in my mind I called out: “God, I am crying out to You to heal me, to take away whatever is irritating my stomach. It is morning, God, and You said that You hear me in the morning. I am laying my requests to quickly fall asleep and be healed before You and I am waiting in expectation for that to happen.”


Then another verse came to me. “Whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:22). I continued pleading with God: “God, I am asking for complete and total healing so I can go to this meeting. Your Word says that if I believe, I will receive. Well, I am believing that You will answer this prayer and heal me as I sleep so I ask that I receive it.”


I noticed that even though I was only praying in my mind, my prayers were more fervent than usual. Praying God’s Word, His promises, somehow gave me more assurance. I was finally acting as if I believed Hebrews 4:16 (“Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” NKJV, emphasis added). I boldly approached God, feeling the power of my prayer. I know that God hears all of my prayers, no matter how meekly I pray them. He even knows my unspoken prayers. Yet, I think praying His Word back to Him, reminding Him of His promises, ratchets up the power of prayer a notch or two. We don’t remind God because we think He has forgotten His promises; that could never happen. But I think God is very pleased when He sees that we know His Word and completely trust it to be true.


I quickly thanked God for the Bible memorization project that allowed me to have these verses readily available when I needed them, and then feel asleep. When I woke up at 6, my stomach was fine. God is good.

1 comment: