Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lies, Lies and More Lies

Hello Ladies! I just wanted to pop on the blog to remind every one that we will be meeting this Tuesday July 19th to continue through our summer Bible Study “No Other Gods”. We will be covering week three and four of the homework. I am wondering if God is teaching you as much as He has me.

I confess that the Spirit was all over me as I worked my way through week three’s homework. I was so stunned at what I learned; I just had to blog to you about it. Since I don’t get to sit in the groups with you, I don’t have the opportunity to tell you about what I have learned. Now that you all know me pretty well, you shouldn't be surprised that “tell I must”. It is just not in my nature to keep it to myself and this one is just too big to keep quiet about. I know that many of you will be agreeing with an internet head nod by the time you finish this post. So here it goes.

Lies, lies and more lies. Can I just be brutally honest with you? There is nothing that gets my ire up more then when I am being lied to. Just can’t understand it or fathom it. Why lie? Why live your life surrounded by lies? I just don’t get it. It seems that over the years I have developed an intuitiveness towards this kind of thing and I can almost immediately sense when someone is shading the truth. To be honest, I just don’t have the time or the energy for this kind of thing. I have even initiated a “zero tolerance” for lying. I would just rather have you lay out the truth and the whole stinking mess of truth and let’s move on with it. It seems I have a much larger capacity to deal with truth even in its most ugliest nature then to deal with a bold faced liar. Let’s just be real with each other. If you know what I mean.

But here’s my problem. While I won’t tolerate lies said to me in the open and don’t even think about lying about someone that I know and care about (that might get ugly) for some reason I will accept almost any lie that the enemy will whisper in my ear about me. For some reason I can easily buy into his brand of demoralization he is promoting about me to myself. When he maligns my character and points to my unworthiness as a child of God, I fall for it almost every time. Why do I do that? Why do I let Him have that kind of victory in my life? I know I am an enigma!

During week three of our study “No Other God’s”, we learned a lot about the father of lies and how he is not only set out to deceive us but he is also mighty crafty and exceedingly good at it. One of the questions that I gave to the group leaders that you will be discussing on Tuesday has to do with this very thing. Here is the heads-up.

If you are comfortable sharing, discuss some lies you have believed about yourself. Encourage one another with scriptures in this area.

Please come armed and ready to uphold each other with truth. My intent is to end the onslaught of lies the enemy has easily deceived us into believing about ourselves. I am stinking mad at the untold victories that we have allowed him to have in our lives. Let’s make sure that we encourage one another with what God says about us over what the enemy is whispering in our ears. I have a feeling some strongholds of deception will come crashing down around us on Tuesday as we live transparent before each other. Hallelujah!

On a side note, I love all the testimonies that I have been hearing with regards to “No Other Gods”. You have been posting on facebook, staying up late doing homework, taking your workbooks on vacation with you, and as one sister remarked “unzipping” herself before the Lord (just love that). One thing this experience is showing me is that you women are serious about your Bible study and doubly serious in loving your God. Love it!!

Looking forward to ‘noggin’ with you on Tuesday. Studying “NOG’s” with you has been a blast. Love that I get to be a part of what God is doing in your lives.  It is a joy to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment