Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"No Other God's" Week Three

Feeling noggish?

Been nogged lately?

Has anything been nogging you?

If you are a part of the “No Other Gods” (NOG’s) bible study you might recall on day one of week two Kelly Minter referring to the above as nog-speak. I like to call them noggism’s. There just isn’t a better way to describe what we are experiencing through this study. She acknowledges that it is weird ,as do I, but as she puts it “we really do like ourselves”.

Well I just got home from our first meeting and I am jumping on the blog to let you know what a nogging good time we had. From what I could tell the group discussions over the homework were mixed with seriousness, sensitivity, encouragement and sometimes outbursts of hilarity. That is what I love about fellowshipping around the word with you women. It is inevitably unpredictable.

After the meeting, I was grilling the group leaders relentlessly with all manner of questions about what happened within their groups. To all you group leaders….I am so sorry. You see, I am a people person and I am visual at the same time. I not only want to hear what you have to say, I want to see it too. I am what you call a people reader. It was torture not to be in the groups with all of you. I so much wanted to hear what you were saying and to see the faces behind what was being said. I wanted to know what you were laughing about as I stood in the hall and when it got real quiet I wanted to hear the depth of the insights that you must have been pondering. One thing I could tell was that the Lord was with each group pouring out His Spirit because the look on your faces when you came out of the rooms was joy. Hallelujah!

Ok so here is your weekly reminder and update. Today you will start week three of your homework. Once again you will start with Session 03 LIES “Lizards, Dr. Pepper, and Lies” on page 54. Then you will proceed to page 58 and complete Day One of this week’s assigned homework. You need to complete all five days by next Tuesday where you will start on week four. Near as I could tell, you are all tracking very well. I am so proud. We don’t meet for another two weeks which is July 19th.

In closing I am posting the signature song for our summer bible study. Why not sit back and listen and worship Him and remind yourself that He is not only the God that you worship but the one that you serve. (2 Kings 17:33)

Thanks everyone! You bring such joy to each other. You inspire.


Lord I Will Bow


No comments:

Post a Comment